Two Scholarships For SharkFest'22
Wireshark Foundation and Packet Detectives are committed to encouraging diversity in the Wireshark Community. A community that fosters inclusion and embraces diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. To support that goal, we are donating two scholarships for SharkFest'22.
What is SharkFest? Launched in 2008, is a series of annual educational conferences staged in various parts of the globe and focused on sharing knowledge, experience and best practices among the Wireshark® developer and user communities.
This year SharkFest will be hybrid. Attendees may participate virtually or in person at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown, Kansas City, MO.
Each scholarship is a $2985 value, and includes:
Pre-Conference Class I - Introduction to Packets - How to capture & analyze them using Wireshark. This class is taught by Betty DuBois, up to a $895 value.
Pre-Conference Class II - Cybersecurity Threat Hunting – Go Deep with Wireshark. This class is taught by Chris Greer, up to a $795 value. (Added to scholarship on May 27th)
SharkFest'22 Conference, up to a $1295 value.
- The scholarships do not cover hotel or travel expenses.
Who is Eligible?
- Identify themselves as she/her/hers/they
- Be either a woman who uses Wireshark currently and wants to enhance their skills
- Or a woman who would like to start using Wireshark and wants to learn as much as possible
- Be pursuing a career in networking or security
- Be a US resident
In Person or On Zoom?
- SharkFest'22 will be hybrid
- Whether you miss talking to people in real life, or you don't feel comfortable yet to travel - SharkFest'22 has you covered.
- The scholarships are need based. Candidates will be evaluated based on financial need and a passion for troubleshooting and/or security
- Candidates should have a basic understanding of networking
- Candidates must demonstrate an interest in packet analysis with Wireshark on their application
- Candidates will be chosen by the answers on the application concerning financial need, and show a passion for packets and learning
|Friday, June 10th||Application Deadline|
|Saturday, July 9th||Day 1 of Pre-Conference Class - Introduction to Packets - How to capture & analyze them using Wireshark. Instructor Betty DuBois|
|Sunday, July 10th||Day 2 of Pre-Conference Class - Introduction to Packets - How to capture & analyze them using Wireshark. Instructor Betty DuBois|
|Monday, July 11th||Day off|
|Tuesday, July 12th||Day 1 of SharkFest|
|Wednesday, July 13||Day 2 of SharkFest|
|Thursday, July 14th||Day 3 of SharkFest. Last presentation ends at 1:45PM. Closing Remarks, Challenge Awards and Farewell reception until 4:00pm Central Time.|
Written by Betty DuBois
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay informed about our latest updates through email. Subscribe here.